Finals Exam Prep (Feat the BIC® 4-Color™ Pen)April 25, 2014
(This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of BIC 4-Color pen. All opinions are 100% mine.)
Hey all! Finals are looming right around the corner and for the next 2 weeks I'll be doing some serious prep! I have two research papers and a final photo project due before we even get to exam week, plus a slew of sorority obligations! Can you say busy? Inspired by all the busyness, I thought today I'd share some tools that help aid my finals prep!
Things to Prep for Finals:
- Plenty of sleep
- Eating consistently (avoiding lots of junk)
- Notebook full of notes from the past semester, handouts, note cards, etc
- The BIC® 4-Color™ Pen
Making sure to get enough ZZZ's is especially important leading up to and during finals week. It's usually the time that we push our bodies to the limit, getting only a handful of hours each night and then we must overcompensate during the day with sugary energy drinks or coffee to keep us functioning. No one ever aced an exam on an hour of sleep. Okay, that's probably a lie, BUT you'll be almost a hundred percent more likely to ace your exam with a good, substantial night's rest under your best.
Another basic item to make sure you keep checking off your list, is making sure to eat. With all the studying and stressing, it can be easy to let something like eating fall to the wayside. Or if you are eating, it can be easy to forgo an actual meal in favor or some high calorie snack. Though you should indulge in a few finals treats (Airheads, anyone?) you should make sure to plan ahead. Carve out real time to go eat or bring something prepared with you wherever you're studying. I focus so much better if I'm not starving or sluggish!
Lastly, it's time to get busy making your study guides and reviewing your notes from the past semester. "How on Earth did we learn all that? How am I going to get organized?!" are two phrases I say every semester when I get to the library and start going through everything in my notebooks. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. No worries, though! I've come across the perfect solution: the BIC® 4-Color™ Pen!
It's a little bit of a throwback - does anyone remember how cool your were if you had one of these bad boys. It's 4 Inseparable Colors in 1 Pen, that are here to help you get organized! Make study guides or sort through preexisting notes with the BIC® 4-Color™ Pen and utilize it's four awesome colors to help draw your attention to the most important things to study. Select a a different for each class or for each type of information you're studying. I'd give each chapter a different color and use a certain color for key terms!
Plus, the four colors in the BIC® 4-Color™ Pen have different personalities (another way to determine what color to use for certain information)! How cool is that? Which one is most like you?
- Blue likes himself. And with good reason: he knows that he's important. Blue cheese, blue skies, blue jeans, blue moon; he's everywhere! To prove his point, look at the names of his family members: Navy Blue, Oxford Blue, Royal Blue...Ever heard of "royal yellow"? Exactly. Let's admit it… Blue is the boss.
- Green is the jealous type…wouldn't you be if your Red, Blue, and Black counterparts were used [way] more often than you? He’s a foodie. Such a foodie that he chronicles each of his daily meals on his social media profile. Because if you eat a meal and don’t take a picture of it, did it really even happen? Green has a soft side too. For example, last summer he cooked a huge cat nip cake for his beloved cat, Mr. Furrybottom. Oh, and Green still sucks his thumb. But according to him, that's an old trick to prevent him from snoring.
- Red likes it when things are correct. When matches are parallel and books are well aligned on a shelf. His favorite moment of the day? When it is 11:11 sharp on his digital watch. His passion in life? He has many: spelling, grammar, conjugation, calculation. And a bit of syntax on the weekend. Want to make him happy? Give him some mistakes to correct. He even makes mistakes on purpose sometimes, just for the pleasure of correcting them.
- Black, he just doesn't understand…why does it always have to be about Blue? He is not as fit as Blue although he likes to think that he's just as handsome as he is – in a different way though. (Muscles are so last season). He secretly dreams of becoming the Undisputed Master of the World but hasn't yet come up with a clear plan for this. And before we forget (although he doesn't like to talk about it), his natural hair color is blond.
I would say that my personality is a mix between blue and red! However, I use black most often as my color of choice! Sometimes, I throw in a little blue and would love to use green more often.
So, if you want to rock your finals preparation like me, you can purchase the BIC® 4-Color™ at Amazon or Staples. Plus, follow those crazy pen personalities on Facebook or Twitter!
Happy studying fellow collegiates!