Happy Saturday guys! It's been forever and a day since I've posted about beauty/make-up related anything and you know what? That's too long! I thought it might be fun to update you on the products I'm currently wearing/loving daily. In fact, I kind of wanted to do a video to accompany this post, but I'm having a few technical difficulties with my camera. Would y'all be interested in me doing a few videos every now and again to accompany post content? They'd be short and sweet! If so, let me know in a comment!
Alright, here goes nothing:
1. Sephora 10 HR Wear Perfection Foundation (#25 Medium Beige) - I'm on my second bottle of this and still head over heels for it. I've tried a lot of foundation in my 21 years on Earth, but this is definitely top 3. Up until I purchased my first bottle this summer I hadn't worn true foundation in over a year. I was wearing a mix of BB, concealer, and a little powder. That got old, so I decided to give true foundation another go. However, I didn't want to spend major $ on the wrong shade (which was majorly stressing me out, and perhaps why I put off wearing foundation for so long). I went to my local Sephora and had the shop girls swatch me until they found a perfect match. This foundation goes on seamlessly, has medium-full coverage, is fairly lightweight, and lasts all day. I couldn't ask for more!
2. Flower Lighten Up! Brightening Concealer (Shade 2) - This is the first drug store concealer I've tried and actually liked in years! Though it's very different from one of my all time favorite concealers, Tarte's Creaseless Concealer, I am falling head over heels for this one. I have currently just purchased my 3rd tube of the stuff, so you know the obsession is serious. It has great coverage and definitely helps to achieve that illuminated from within look. Perfect for blemishes and dark circles (a major issue of mine) alike!
3. L'Oreal Color Riche Balm (Caring Coral) - I have so many glosses and balms in my possession that it'd truly be embarrassing to go through and count them all. However, recently this balm has truly stood out and I've been going back to it day after day. It's a really subtle pinky/peach color on the lips and it's super moisturizing. It just kind of melts on your lips, plus it lasts a decent while! I find it perfect to wear to school because of how subtle, yet pretty it is on. Definitely wanting to try more colors from this range!
4. Yes to Blueberries Cleansing Facial Wipes - Recently gave these a try and decided I liked them. However, these don't smell like blueberries (at least not to me). On the package it says "with apple and lemon" and I'd definitely say the dominant smell is more lemon than anything. At first it sort of reminded me of a cleaning liquid, but I've grown accustom. These wipes do have a really distinct smell, so if you're not committed to stronger smelling wipes then maybe this one if not for you. However, I've decided that I liked them because they do an excellent job of taking off my make-up AND leaving my face feeling super smooth right before bed!
5. L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Original Mascara (Black Noir) - This mascara has a cult following and I may or may not be a member of said cult. I recently purchased my second tube of this. I bought this over a year ago and remember feeling rather average about it - didn't love it or hate it. I recently needed new mascara and was looking for a cheap drugstore one that'd work in place of nicer one for the time being (I usually get all of my higher end mascara during the Christmas season). I went back to the drawing board and blogger after blogger had nothing but amazing things to say about this mascara. I currently am using the version with the curved brush and really loving it this time around. It's true black, buildable, non-flakey and could easily compete with a higher end mascara. Is it the end all be all? Maybe not, but I'm loving it all the same! And for the price, it's hard to pass up!
6. Benefit's Watts Up! Illuminator - This has been a favorite of mine for about forever. It's just one of those products I just can't stop loving. It lasts a really long time and is perfect for highlighting cheek bones, brow bones, the bridge of your nose, and the tear duct area of eyes! If you love illuminator, but haven't found the product yet, give this one a go! You won't be disappointed!
7. Sephora Microsmooth Baked Blush Duo (Tea Rose Tickle) - I was recently in the market for a new blush since I just ran out of Benefit's Rockateur Blush (one of my absolute faves). Rockateur is rather pricey so I was looking for a somewhat cheaper dupe and I think I may have found it in this baked blush duo by Sephora. The blush goes on smoothly and is very pigmented. It's a great buy and a pretty close dupe, in my opinion, of my beloved Rockateur.
8. Tarte Amazonian Clay Mineral Bronzer (Park Ave Princess) - This is the same bronzer I've been using for years. I've tried two or three others, but I just can't shake this one. It's buildable, versatile, not shimmery, and is just an overall amazing product. I'm probably on my fifth palette of the stuff. It's become a regular in my routine!
What beauty products are you currently using and loving? Any recommendations? Hopefully I'll be sharing more beauty loves soon!
A few weeks ago, after a little tutorial, I gave my five year old brother Jack my DSLR camera and told him to shoot whatever he wanted. These are the results:
This post was unabashedly inspired by Jenna Marble's videos entitled "Things I Don't Have Time For." I found myself nodding along and laughing to a lot of what she said. It got me thinking about all the things in my life I just don't have time for. Here are a few:
- Waiting for things to charge (i.e. phone/camera/computer) - it either gets done at night while I'm sleeping, or it doesn't get done at all. Same goes for a load of dishes in the dishwasher.
- "Buffering" when I'm trying to watch a show online - I don't have a TV, so my main source of watching shows is online. Whether it be Netflix, Youtube, or Projectfree.tv, I just don't have time to wait around for you to buffer. I have a life to live and lots of shows to catch up on in one setting. Let's get the show on the road.
- People that walk 3 across on the sidewalk - If you do this, I hate you. You're taking up the entire sidewalk and odds are that you and your friends are walking slow as hell because you're just so absorbed in whatever conversation you happen to be having. Be considerate of those behind you trying to get somewhere.
- People that stop abruptly while walking - This is a bit of an expansion off of the one above. There's few things worse than going about your walk to class at reasonable pace only to have someone stop dead in their tracks right in your path. Get off your phone. Step aside to say hi to a friend that's just passed you coming the opposite direction. Just get out my way.
- Paying my utilities anywhere other than online - I've been in my apartment for over three months now and I have yet to go pay my utilities in person. With everything being online, it's just so much more efficient to do it on my own time.
- Online homework - It's just so dang easy to forget.
- Thanksgiving to get here before starting to psyched about Christmas - I don't care if it's only the beginning of November, I want to start listening to Christmas tunes now! I want to start decorating and getting excited about the holiday season now! Who can possibly wait until after Thanksgiving?!
- Doing laundry every week - Sometimes weekly laundry just doesn't happen. I have to pay to do my laundry so I often try to do it every other week. There's nothing wrong re-wearing a pair of jeans or a cute outfit no one saw you in. If you haven't done this, than you've already accomplished so much more in your life than I ever have.
- Trying on clothes while shopping - I've gotten to a point in my life where I have very little interest in trying on every article of clothing I'm considering buying. I pretty much know what will and what won't look good on my body. If I'm iffy, then I usually just pass. Of course there's some exceptions to this rule, but on an average trip to Target don't expect me to hit the fitting rooms.
- Coming home every night and cooking - I'm sorry, but after a full day of school, internship, and sorority commitments the last thing I want to try and do when I mosey in the door is try to be a domestic goddess. God invented take out and drive thru for a reason, right?
- Driving to school, then having the bus take me up to actual campus - The struggle to get to and from school quickly is always a process. A process I truly don't have time for. Psh.
- People trying to stop me on the way to class - No, I don't want to sign up for your club, enter your raffle, go online and do anything, donate money to whatever, learn about God, or sit through a seminar about your summer camp. Pass!
- To wash my hair everyday - My hair has gotten to be ridiculously long recently and washing my hair everyday sounds like a nightmare. To wash, dry, and style it would take a ridiculous amount of time - time I just don't care to waste on something as frivolous as my hair. Plus, dry shampoo is literally one of the most excellent and useful beauty products, so why not utilize it?
What are some things you just don't have time for? Let me know!
I've been wanting to start a #LocalLove series for some time now and today it's finally happening! For the past year I've been really enamored with this idea of really investing in my local community. I've been wanting to take advantage of absolutely everything local and/or unique to my amazing little slice of the world and document lots of it along the way.
Today, I wanted to talk about two food establishment I've been crushing hard on for the few months and show them a little #locallove. In Fayetteville, we have this great little spot on one of our main streets, College Avenue, called The Yacht Club. It's a collection of food trucks and rad air-stream trailers. On any given day it's buzzing with locals looking for the yummiest of culinary creations.
My two favorite spots are Zuppa Zuppa and Natural State Sandwiches!
I became aware of Zuppa Zuppa last spring and fell instantly and irrevocably in love with their Pearlie's Dumplins (featured above). Zuppa Zuppa serves primarily soup, salads, and crostini's, with an ever-evolving menu that's posted daily via social media. Let me tell you - it's all good! I don't think I've ever gone to this magical food truck and have been disappointed with my selection. The owner, Anne, is exceptionally nice and will bring your soup out to your car if it's freezing cold (that's service!). Also, every Wednesday is Double Dumpling Wednesday. So now you'll know where to find me if I ever go missing on a random Wednesday afternoon.
Right next door to Zuppa Zuppa, is the relatively new food truck Natural State Sandwiches. I decided to check out this place one day when I went to go get soup and I'm so happy I did! This food truck is the bees knees. Like Zuppa Zuppa, they serve an ever-evolving menu that's posted daily on social media. They're known for their larger than life sandwiches piled high with local, delicious, and meticulously thought out ingredient combos. My sandwhich above is one of their many grown up grilled cheeses called Devils On Horse Back. It's got balsamic greens, brie, goat cheese, dates, scallions, homemade onion rings, and bacon. It was mind-blowing! Plus, they serve crazy awesome desserts from time to time. My favorite? Funnel Bacon. Yep - you read that right! Huge thick slices of bacon that have been deep fried funnel cake style and sprinkled with powered sugar.
You get so much bang for your buck and the couple that works the truck has always been so, so kind to me. They're the type of people who remember you each and every time you come back. Oh, and they'll also bring your food out to the car (which I give them so many props for)!
Zuppa Zuppa's Info:
Natural State Sandwiches's Info:
Thanks for letting me share my favorite cold-weather lunch combo that I've had the privilege of consuming recently! P.S. - this post isn't sponsored, I just really love these two places like a lot a lot. So, if you're ever in my neck of the woods you have to give these two places a try!