Weekly Wishes .011April 14, 2014
(a little reading and a lot of Lara bars last week)
This Week's Wishes
- Get Organized: Time to plan out the rest of the month and make a giant to-do! I love getting things organized after they've been kind of hectic and all over the place. Going to get my planner in order, utilize some new organizational apps, make lists, and just generally kick ass on getting myself together before finals gets any closer.
- Read Before Bed: With finals drawing ever nearer, it can be easy to fall into the trap of staying up past the bewitching hour each night either doing actual work or catching up on social media because you've spent the rest of the day doing actual work. This week I am to shut off the electronics and read until I get sleepy. I think it's just the thing I need.
- Do Some Prep Work: My one of my close friends from home is coming up this weekend to visit me and my friend Jenny for the first time! I need to do some prep work before he visits; things like planning where to eat and what stuff to do.Plus, I need to knock out school related tasks so I won't be distracted. I'm excited!
- Take a Photo Each Day: I don't take my camera with me nearly enough and I don't document daily life near enough. This week I'm challenging myself to take at least one photo a day (of anything!). Hopefully, I can share here next week!
- No eating out: Time to reign in the spending as a whole, really. This week I'm aiming to not eat out/spend any unnecessary cash until my friend comes in from out of town. Priorities!
Last Week's Wishes
- Be Present: Making a real effort to be present this week was amazing. I had my moments, but with this goal in mind I found myself coming back to my center and really focusing on the here and now. Refreshing and a little scary, but awesome too!
- Get Ahead on Schoolwork: Done! I was thankful for this leisurely week. I got a few steps ahead on some school related things and made time to do so many amazing things with so many amazing people. Definitely the good kind of busy. My social life feels fuller than it has in awhile.
- Read 3-5 Chapters of Me Before You by JoJo Moyes: I've only just managed to get in a chapter and half. So unlike me! Making it a goal to read before bed this week so that I can get back on track with this book.
- Go to the Gym 3x: One time to the gym and one workout at home. Plus, I've so much time outside the past couple of days walking/running around/attending events due the nice weather. Not a total fail, right?
- Launch a Mood Board (for a project I'm working on): Didn't get around to this, but have been gathering inspiration. Stay tuned.
What are your goals/wishes for this week? Let me know!