Happy August + Friday Links to LoveAugust 01, 2014
(Anyone else get The Cure stuck in their head after reading the above? Good, me too!)
Happy August everyone! How did August manage to sneak it's way up so quickly? For me the shift between July and August feels palpable, it's the separation of two seasons of life for me. Perhaps it's because I'm still in school and I know that in a few very short weeks I'll be on a whole new routine filled with classes, projects, and commitments that makes me feel this shift. Regardless, August is here and I'm ready to embrace it and all it's glorious business.
I'm moving into my new apartment today and after this week I'll be enjoying two weeks of preparing for and then participating in sorority recruitment. Then, after recruitment starts the beginning of classes. The whole month feels like it'll be sucked up in seconds. However, there's lots excitement that comes with the stress of all of the above and I'm ready to enjoy that part.
Plus, here on the blog I've lined up lots of really fun guest posters that will be contributing posts during my busiest of weeks to keep y'all happily entertained. I can't wait!
Anyways without further ado, here are some links I'm loving this week:
- While browsing the aisles of Barnes & Noble for coffee table books and recipe books, I came across Shake: A New Perspective on Cocktails. I've always been equal parts amazed and fascinated by mixology, plus the design of this book is amazing. Definitely need this gracing my apartment somewhere!
- Speaking of coffee table books, I wouldn't mind volumes of Tiny Atlas, Weekend Almanac, or Darling Magazine gracing my apartment either.
- These Babe Prayers made my day. They were exactly the right dose of encouraging, inspiring, and a little edgy. Plus, I got to discover some really rad ladies in the process!
- The movie Palo Alto is now available on iTunes (Hallelujah!), perfect for those of us who don't live in a city/state big enough to have it premiere in theaters like myself.
- I particularly loved this article from Elise about Creating vs Consuming. It's a great read for those who feel constantly stuck in projects or don't know why they can't just start on something already.
- Crushing on this monogram wine stopper! How cute/simple is it?!
- Also, these inspirational productivity focused wooden magnets are perfect!
- Laughed/nodded my head through almost every single one of these 31 Things Every Girl Who Grew Up in The '00s is Still Trying to Get Over. #relateable
- Just spent half an afternoon recently at B&N half reading half skimming #GIRLBOSS. If you've read it (which you should), this discussion going on over at A Beautiful Mess is great a place to hash out your thoughts on what you just read.
What does August hold for you? Also, if there's any links you're loving, feel free to share with me below!