Weekly Wishes .018August 04, 2014
Happy Monday! How is everyone? It's back to the grind and I'm definitely back with more wishes for the upcoming week, plus a recap of how last week's wishes panned out. I can't wait to share with you!
This Week's Wishes
- Try Something New: I loved this goal from last week, so I'm bringing it back again. I have my eye on some happenings around town that I'd love to give a go!
- Write: I'm going after this goal again this week after basically failing last week. I always feel so much better when I'm able to write. It lets me vent in healthy, constructive sort of way.
- Find More Affordable Apartment Furniture: Vintage/thrift store scouting, here I come! I have all my basic furniture, but am looking for a few new pieces like a new desk, side tables, and maybe a lamp. If you know any online spots that sell cute furniture for really cheap, hook a sister up!
- No More Trips to Walmart or Target: I've got to stop. I know I just moved into my apartment and a few more trips than normal have been necessary, but it;s starting to get out of hand. This week I aim not to go to the store for anything other than absolute I-have-to-have-it-life-or-death sort of items. And no, self, that does not mean the new issue of Cosmo and a new plant for the window seal.
Last Week's Wishes
- Try Something New: Definitely accomplished this one with flying colors. Last Tuesday I met my friend downtown for pizza and then salsa dancing at the Rev Room. It was so much fun, but also exceptionally challenging for someone as uncoordinated as myself. I met so many new people and got to dance more than I have in a very long time. After our lesson, we stuck around to dance with some of the guys who also took the class that had the courtesy to ask us. I learned three new dances, sported two new blisters the next day, and had one awesome night. Hopefully I'll get to give it another go soon! Oh, also, I made my first homemade pie from scratch! Definitely something new!
- Get Packing: Finished this up and got moved in successfully (for now). Thankfully, I also got my internet up in running in a flash so I could share this post with you!
- Write: I opened up my journal, but the words didn't come. Maybe next week journal, maybe next week.
- Drink More Water: Accomplished, but could do much better!
What are your goals/wishes for this week? Share them below!