Instagram Life (Late August-Early September)September 16, 2014
Here's a little peak into my instagram life, which is sometimes a little more reflective of my day-to-day life than the bits and pieces you get here on the blog. Plus, sometimes I don't share a lot of these pictures here. Well, at least not like I used to. So, here are some snaps from late August to early September.
- I made my first homemade, entirely from scratch (crust included), apple pie. I used this recipe and it ended up being a hit. The butter crumble topping with delicious and I even ended up using it on my first made-from-scratch cobbler. I'm definitely going to have to make another especially since cooler weather is coming in earlier than expected!
- Jack had his first day of kindergarten. He looks so big and so handsome! I Facetimed with him the morning of and may have cried harder than either of my parents, but we won't tell anyone.
- My last sorority pref night! After bawling my way through seven hours of parties in heels, I managed to get this picture with my friend and sister, Cassie. I was feeling so connected to my sisterhood.
- Bid Day 2014 aka my last Bid Day. Our theme was NFL and there was nothing but happy sorority girls for miles. I will miss this kind of energy!
- Labor day weekend was spent at the lake with some of my best friends, including my best guy friend who drove five hours to come spend time with us at the lake. It was so nice being able to catch up after a summer apart. We finally have a nice picture of us! #threeamigos
- Jack started practicing football for this first time. Isn't he the cutest in his uniform? His first game was this past weekend. I rooted him on from afar!
- It was Jenny's birthday the day after Labor Day. I had to do her and our friendship justice with an embarrassingly full collage of pictures of us from high school until now.
- My friend Travis got a new gun and took me to the gun range so I could give it a go. I had never been to a gun range as participant before, so the experience was pretty cool. I've always grown up around guns and am pretty comfortable with them. After some instruction and a little practice, I got into it. It's never too early to prepare for the apocalypse right?
- First game day of the season for my Razorbacks was two weekends ago! Just because it was an away game doesn't mean, I didn't still put on for my team.
What have you been up to lately? P.S. - keep up with me on instagram by clicking here or following @ashspring!