Friday Link LoveAugust 05, 2016
This weekend promises to be one of those busy sort of weekends that don't really feel like weekends, but I'm more than happy to let sleeping in fall to the wayside so my parents and Jack can visit! It should be a very fun and fulfilling time and I will so desperately try to let it all sink in.
- Earlier this week the world exploded with excitement, confusion, and maybe a little anger from die hard Snapchat fans when Instagram introduced it's latest feature, Stories. If you're still unsure which side to pick (is there even a need to pick?) here's everything you need to know about Snapchat vs Stories!
- If you didn't hear, DesignLoveFest created a limited edition wine in conjunction with Winc (a wine subscription service) entitled Wildest Dreams. Not only is that an amazing Taylor Swift song, it also sounds like an amazing wine! It's described as having notes of grapefruit, peach, apricot, white raspberry, and lemon and apparently it pairs well with grilled pizza. This is a wine I can totally get behind. PLUS, the whole photoshoot for this wine is giving me ALL the heart eyes. You have to check it out!
- It looks like my significant other and I are moving early next spring (we're going to be starting the process building our first home this winter - but more on that later!) and I've already begun gathering home inspiration and low-key scouting new furniture for the space. In perfect Emily Henderson fashion, she wrote a blog post about 84 Affordable Amazing Sofas Under $1000. I mean, it was like she was speaking right to me in my design savvy, yet very frugal heart.
- I know it seems ridiculous to even consider talking about fall right now when it is still a sweltering 90 degrees out, but the fall trends have cometh and who am I to deny them? I'm currently daydreaming about this pair of booties...oh and these too! I can't wait for some cooler weather so I can actually justify picking them up!
- Since my boyfriend and I ditched cable (and our hefty cable bill) we've been eagerly trying out new shows that we normally wouldn't go for on Netflix. We recently just finished Stranger Things and all the hype was well deserved for this one. It has been one of the better shows I've seen in awhile and I would happily recommend it to anyone who likes dramas, mystery, sci-fi, nostalgia and strong acting. It kept me engaged every episode!
- Makeup picks of the week? Don't mind if I do! This week I really surprised myself and found myself paring down my routine and going for simple. I've been reaching for my Marc Jacobs Glow Stick more than usual which has been a nice change in routine. I've been applying it with a beauty blender and it has been giving me just the right amount of everyday "wearable" sheen. I also have loved using my Morphe 35O eyeshadow palette for a neutral-pretty eye look and my Lipstick Queen sheer lipstick in "Medieval" for the ultimate popsicle stained berry red pout. It's like the perfect balance between a balm and lipstick!
- Last but not least, a little quote to carry you into the weekend!
Now tell me, what have you been up to / have planned for the weekend? Any more links I need to be loving?