Kick Ass 2014 (Goal List)January 01, 2014
I'm in disbelief that 2014 is HERE. Last year, I made two goals for 2013 to accomplish...and I accomplished neither really. My two goals were to complete a 5k and save money/budget better. This year i'm determined though to create more feasible goals, that I actually want to attempt. I tried training for that 5k, but I was never really motivated and it never got fun. After a few weeks I was totally OVER it and I think it's because it was something I never truly wanted in the first place. I liked the idea of becoming a runner, but had no real motivation in which to do so. However, I did want to start getting smarter about my finances and managed to take baby steps in the right direction, but I didn't make a big dent in that goal either. We can't win them all, I suppose.
So this year, I took a long hard look at the things I wanted to accomplish and began jotting them down in Teux Deux as they came to me. Over the past few weeks I've created, what I think to be, a really great lists of goals for the new year. So, without further ado, I'm excited to share my list of kick ass goals for 2014:
- Be More Intentional - Hannah wrote the best post the other day about living a more intentional life. This year, I'm striving to take control of my life and live with intention. I'm going to truly make an effort to 'curate' my life. I'm hoping that this will lessen that awful sensation of life happening to me, rather than making life happen for me. This is one of my favorite goals for the new year.
- Create often, Write often - I realized this past year more fully than ever, that I'm happiest when I'm creating/writing. I'm happiest when I'm being productive and dreaming up ideas. I'm happiest when there's the right kind of work to be done, so I'm going to challenge myself in 2014 to take on more creative personal projects.
- Submit Work - I'm horrible at networking and putting myself out there a majority of the time, but I know that it's a huge part of being in the creative field. So this year I'm making it a goal of mine to finally submit my work. It's time to finally submit to shows and apply for ambassador positions. It's time to put my creative work out there, for better or for worse.
- Read One Book a Month - I've always loved to read, but I want to make sure I read one 'just-for-fun" book a month minimum. I feel like my leisure reading gets terribly sporadic during the school year. There's some months where I don't pick up a book and others where I power through several in just a matter of weeks. So, this year I want to be intentional about my reading.
- Update Blog/Portfolio - This goes hand in hand with my 'submit work' goal. I've always dreamed of putting up my portfolio *one day* when I had the time or the knowledge or a more cohesive body of work. However, it's time to put myself out there and truly find my style and aesthetic. Portfolios will evolve and change in time, but it's important that I work on getting out there to begin with.
- Clean Out iPhone (aka ditch the baggage) - I'm sick and tired of those notifications that say I have next to no storage on my phone. One big goal of mine is to go through my song and picture library, do necessary back-ups, and then ditch the baggage. I think a freed up phone will leave me room to document new adventures in the new year.
- Travel More - Speaking of adventures...I'd like to take a few more. I'm going to make it a goal of mine to make time and money for travelling experiences, even if I must travel alone. I would especially like to visit London over Spring Break or maybe take a solo road trip!
- Hit the Gym Regularly - I always feel better after hitting the gym. I do. I hate to admit that, but I think it goes along with the immense satisfaction I get from doing something productive. I've kind of fallen off the gym wagon this past fall and really want to make it a goal of mine to hit the gym more regularly in 2014.
- Budget Better/Save $ - I'd like to continue what I started this past year as far as getting my finances in order. I would really like to start saving up money for travel and after college expenses, so that will be one of my big goals for 2014.
Do y'all have any goals/resolutions for the new year? How are you going to make 2014 kick ass?