Things Are About to Get EXCITING.January 09, 2014
(I love sharing outtakes of our 'photo-shoots')
While I was thinking about websites, I also went ahead and bit the bullet and purchased the URL dearielovie.com! HOLY EXCITEMENT! That means that hopefully soon, I will be upgrading to a independently hosted Word Press blog with a new look. I know that with the new year a lot of bloggers have made their move at changing URLs, names, looks or creative spaces altogether. I get the general sense that many have outgrown their current blog and just want to start over (been there, done that!). I've heard that a lot of people just 'feel done' with their current name/space which got me really thinking about the name 'Dearie Lovie' and my creative space here on the web. Am I done with it? Should I feel done with it? I've been blogging here at Dearie Lovie for about three years now, so I felt that these were valid things to consider before making the jump to a word press blog and buying the domain name. After much consideration, I've decided that I'm not done with Dearie Lovie. This space still feels like me. It still feels like an accurate and comfortable space for me to blog in and I am so thrilled to continue on. I want my portfolio to be an accurate representation of my professional self and DL to be the accurate representation of my personal self and hopefully there will be overlap in between the two aesthetics once the final products are complete. So, needless to say, I have such high hopes for Dearie Lovie in the next few weeks/months.
Here's some more exciting things that are going on right now:
- I've decided to rejoin Moorea in her 52 Lists project (let me know if you're joining in on the fun too!)
- I submitted this story intro to Rookie Mag (fingers crossed it gets somewhere, but even if it doesn't I feel great that I put myself out there and submitted work...I'm doing great by my New Year's Resolutions thus far)
- I applied for a job up in my college town on a whim (fingers crossed?)
- I applied for a College Ambassador position at Crystal Bridges (FINGERS CROSSED!)
- Also, I'm seriously considering a doing a 1-3 day juice cleanse to reset my body after eating like there's no tomorrow over this holiday break (any experiences/recommendations?)
So, tell me, has anything exciting been going on for y'all?