Weekly Wishes .010April 07, 2014
(little Jack hands + big sister hands)
This Week's Wishes
- Be Present: Sometimes it's hard to be in the moment when there's so many things to either pull your attention to the future or to what's happened in your past (and how those things/people somehow always manage to creep back up). This week I want to take tangible steps to trying to be more present everyday. Meditation? Lists? I'm game to try it out!
- Get Ahead on Schoolwork: Last week was a whirlwind of due dates and though this week is much calmer, even bigger due dates loom in the future since finals are slowly creeping up. I cannot believe there's only one more month of this semester left! It's gone by SO fast. I can't even.
- Read 3-5 Chapters of Me Before You by JoJo Moyes: Just picked up this book this past weekend and have only made it through the prologue. Here's hoping I make a little dent in it this week because I've heard so many good things!
- Go to the Gym 3x: Need to makeup for next week. I've been craving some serious gym time. Sometimes it feels good just to sweat and feel like you're working on something!
- Launch a Mood Board (for a project I'm working on): I have a couple of exciting projects/ideas I'm hoping to launch in the next month or two and I hope to finish a mood board / inspiration board to share here! Exciting!
Reflecting: Last Week's Wishes
- Go to the Gym 3x: Whoops. No progress here. Let's do better this week!
- Make Progress on Updating Blog: Did lots of sketching and playing around with a Wacom tablet. Change is a coming people! Feeling good about it!
- Stay on Top of Schoolwork: I got everything I needed to accomplished. What an amazing weight lifted off my shoulders. Phew.
- Shoot More Pictures: Done! Such a good goal to keep for the week.
- Extend a Little Kindness: I tried to keep on high alert for opportunities this week and it came in odd forms. Instead, I tried to extend kindness by extending myself to others when I felt like shutting down. I invited friends to lunch or to get coffee, especially those I don't see or would normally be too shy to ask. I reached out to people I don't speak to near enough. It felt good.
What are your wishes/goals for this week? Let me know!