Mondays Are For...February 11, 2013
Monday are for:
- Enjoying class being cancelled by going to the gym instead (productivity!)
- Making a list of goals for the week (and actually being excited about them)
- Gossiping with friends during lunch about weekend events/drama
- Looking at the week ahead and feeling challenged (and maybe just a wee bit stressed)
- Going to the grocery store past 9pm because you just don't want to shop around all those people (and be judged for buying only doritos, hot pockets, and protein bars)
- Tiredness, though you've had all weekend to recoup
- Bundling up in a pullover while friends are donning tanktops because it's still chilly, no matter how much you want it to be spring and no matter how nice it looks outside
- Getting ahead on studying and projects
- Sending cards and letters to loved ones (Jack gets card #2 today!)
- Feeling accomplished at the end of the day and celebrating with tea and hot shower
Though Mondays sometimes have a bad rap, I think Mondays are wonderful in a way. It's the rebirth of a new week, new opportunities, etc. If last week sucked, at least this one could potentially be better. Sometimes it's not fun rejoining the world of academia and work (and that whole putting on pants thing is a real pain), but I try to remind myself that I am lucky for opportunity to have a new week. I am lucky to have an education to pursue and stress over.
So, here's to Monday being the reset button on life.