Old Navy Fall Clothing Haul + ReviewAugust 20, 2015
In this post a few days ago I mentioned that I may have done a little "back-to-school" shopping. Even though I'm not headed back-to-school exactly, I did do a little shopping where I picked up some fall staples and some great transition pieces (because everyone knows how tricky that time between sweating hot and freezing cold). I thought I'd share some of the pieces I go and provide a quick little review for you all. Let's call it a virtual clothing haul!
- Striped Jersey Swing Dress - I love the flowy cut of this dress. It's perfect for every shape and is super comfortable to wear. The jersey material is forgiving and has stretch. I bough this dress about a size too large because I preferred it a bit looser and shift-like. I can easily see throw this dress on with tights in the winter or just a pair of small booties. Since the sleeves are shorter, the dress could easily layer with a jacket or cardigan during chillier days!
- Blue Fit & Flare Cami Dress - This dress was one I bought for mostly for the transitional time between summer and fall (though with the right accessories could be worn almost year-around). This navy dress is subtle and delightfully feminine. I instantly thought of how much I'd like to wear it to the farmer's market or maybe for date night. It definitely fits true to size! I love pairing this with a chambray shirt and wedges. However, for fall I can see myself throwing on a nice cardigan over top of it. If you're not huge on navy, these also have a pinkish red variant.
- Black Shift Dress - I'll be honest, I thought this dress was going to look lifeless on my curvy body, making me look more like a sack than anything else. I've always been warned against 'shift' style dresses because of borderline plus-size physique, because of how "unflattering" it would be. I'm absolutely thrilled to say this dress busted any preconceived notions I had about a shift dress. It's like it was cut with my needs in mind. The lower v-neck balances the dress out and the back of the dress is slightly longer than the front. I love the idea of belting this dress and the idea that it easily can be worn to work or on the weekend. There's several patterns and colors of this dress too if you find the black a bit boring.
- Gray and Black Maxi Dress - This maxi dress may be the first maxi dress I've found that doesn't scrape the floor when I walk. It also was one of the first that didn't drown me! I know you shorter ladies know what's up. The dress stops just short of my ankles and it comfortable to wear. The grey top is very structured, so bustier ladies beware. However, the bottom half is light and flowy. Again, I love that this dress can be worn for so many different occasions! For now I'm wearing sandals with it. I may toss on a chambray shirt, but mostly I love leaving the dress alone and just adding jewelry. For fall I can see layering a sweater or a cardigan over it and pairing with the boots below!
- Gray Tunic Tee - Gray is definitely a fall staple color. This is one of 3 gray tops I bought. The fit is casual and can be worn comfortably with jeans, a skirt, or leggings. I feel like it's a tad sporty, so I bought it one size too big so that I could wear it slouchy with leggings. It's soft to the touch and perfect for fall.
- Maroon Felt Floppy Hat - I have long resisted the floppy hat trend, not because I didn't like, but mostly because I never thought I could pull it off. Also, floppy hats were weirdly higher in price than I imagined, so that contributed to me not taking the plunge sooner. However, this one was well-priced and that maroon color is just to die for. It screams fall and definitely gives off a bit of a 70's vibe. I feel like it will be the perfect pop of color on an otherwise bland outfit day. Plus this color is so friendly when mixed with fall colors - denims, browns, and navy. They also carry this hat in a lovely camel color.
- Black Faux-Suede Ankle Booties - My favorite pair of taupe booties came from Old Navy last year (or maybe the year prior) and I found myself wearing them NON-STOP during the fall and winter months. They were my basic, everyday shoe. This year I'm looking to get two or three pairs of booties and these were my first pair. I love the plain black suede and I find myself thinking of endless outfit combos to pair it with. Trying going up a half size to make room for socks!
- Brown Faux-Leather Crossbody Bag - I saw this and loved how straightforward and simple it was. It has two zip pockets and an adjustable strap. It's bigger than a clutch, but nowhere as big as my Marc Jacobs purse. I thought it'd be the perfect bag to throw essentials in and wear all fall long!
What fall staples or transitional pieces have you bought or are hoping to buy lately? Let me know! Also, if you love what you see or want a better look at some of the items above, feel free to shop this post below!
Shop This Post